University Fitness Center (Indoor Pool)
4-Day Water Safety Instructor Certification
Click Here for prerequisite requirements.
February 25, Saturday from 7:00am - 3:00pm
February 26, Sunday from 1:00pm - 5:00pm
March 4, Saturday from 7:00am - 3:00pm
March 5, Sunday from 1:00pm - 5:00pm
A $35 non-refundable charge is due at time of registration with the balance due on the first day of class (payable to Ashlyn Putman). Please note that the instructor reserves the right to dismiss a student at anytime, which may result in a certification not being issued. If a student is dismissed, a refund will be issued.
Click Here to be taken to the American Red Cross On-line Registration page.
If you do not already have an account, you will need to create one - click the "New User" link and complete the information for the account. (Please make note of your username and password for future access tot he online content)
The next step will be to click "Confirm." You will be asked to select a Payment. From the drop-down menu, select Credit Card as the method of payment. Enter your credit information and click "Submit". You are now enrolled. You may launch the content immediately by clicking the "Go To My Enrollments" button, then click the "Launch" link next to the appropriate course. Or, you may log in at a later time.
To log in at a later time: Click http://classes.redcross.org
Enter your username and password
Go to the "My Learning" tab and the "My Enrollments" page will be displayed.
Select the "Launch" link for the appropriate course to view and take the content.
Then follow the below steps prior to the first day of class.
1. Complete the online Orientation to "Swimming and Water Safety", which can be found by clicking here. Print the signature page and bring to class. (this section takes about 7 hours)
2. Download the on-line manual (click here) and read chapters 1-4 and 10.
3. Read Longfellow's WHALE Tales K-6 Educational Packet.
4. Click Here to find block and Lesson Plan templates and examples that will be assigned in class. As you complete the online lessons, please print a Round of Completion Sheet at the end of each lesson and bring the completed lessons to class.
5. If you are 19 or younger, you must have a parent sign the University Fitness Center Liability Waiver. Click Here for the form.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call/text 256-655-9661.